Sunday 28 October 2012

littlelandofpia gets her paint on!


Evening! Thanks for stopping by and checking out what I have been up to. Your interest and support really does mean the world to me. Thank you to all of you near and far that send me positive feedback on my work. You are the best!

I have uploaded a few images onto my littlelandofpia Facebook page over the past week of some experimental works I have been developing with gouache, graphite pencil and collage. I was feeling the need to try other things in my work and have always shied away from paint, but whilst away on our motorbike trip I was thinking about how I could develop layering effects in the background and negative space in my works on paper, and thought that gouache may do the trick. I really like gouache as it has a more transparent consistency to traditional acrylic paints (that I have used in the past) and I found a box of paints with some great pastel and neon colors in a back street art supply shop in Hanoi whilst visiting recently. These three pieces are off to The Assembly Hall in Williamstown, Melbourne, Australia and will be framed in neon pink wooden box frames. They should be in store in 3 weeks. These works will be apart of a more affordable art range that I am developing. So smaller in size and therefore less expensive to frame. I will post more on my Facebook page as I develop more. 
They are a little hard to read...but #1 says "Rocking the suburbs", #2 says "A top bird" and #3 says "Cool like a Ken Done doona cover". The Australians out there that grew up in the 80's like myself, should understand what this means!.....xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment